Disclosure: I received complimentary tickets to the event but all thoughts and opinions are my own.
My husband and I don’t get out much without the kids. But, I am always interested in things we can do together that are of interest to us both. When I was contacted about the Anheuser-Busch Biergarten Bierfest, I knew we had to attend. This event is sure to be fun for us both… I mean beer and food?!? Who wouldn’t love that!
On July 11 from 7-10 p.m. at The Biergarten Bierfest, guests can taste a variety of beers expertly paired with specialty menu items and meet with brewmasters to learn more about how beer can be the perfect complement to food. I have been looking at the stations and can’t wait to give them all a try!
Bierfest will feature five tasting stations to excite guests’ palates:
- Unique to The Biergarten Station – To help celebrate St. Louis’ 250th anniversary, Anheuser-Busch is brewing Faust, first brewed in 1884 and now only available at The Biergarten and the Budweiser Brew House at Ballpark Village. This extremely rare beer will be poured at The Biergarten Bierfest and paired with Biergarten cheese, onion and bacon sliders. Guests can also enjoy Budweiser Premium Draught, which pours draft Budweiser 6 degrees cooler than standard draft units.
- Belgian Trio Station –Coriander dusted and bacon wrapped bay scallops will be paired with Stella Artois, Hoegaarden and Leffe to accentuate the richness of the scallop dish without overwhelming the balance of flavors.
- Bud Light Lime “Ritas” Station – Lime-A-Rita, Straw-Ber-Rita, Mang-O-Rita and Raz-Ber-Rita will be paired with jerk chicken with pineapple and mango salsa. The sweet citrus notes in the Ritas will contrast the spice in the jerk chicken for a pleasing flavor.
- Shock Top Station – Whether it’s the classic Belgian White, the Lemon Shandy or Twisted Pretzel Wheat, the Shock Top station will invite guests to try something new with their beechwood smoked ribs.
- Apple Station – For a sweet experience, guests can enjoy Johnny Appleseed, Shock Top Honey Crisp Wheat and Stella Artois Cidre paired with apple crisp and honey
I personally can’t wait to try the Bud Light Lime “Ritas” Station but my husband is most excited about the Shock Top Station. Which sounds best to you?
If you are local to me, you can attend this event too! Adults 21 and older can purchase tickets to The Biergarten Bierfest online. Regular tickets cost $25 and include 15 2-ounce samples of beer, five food pairing stations and a commemorative glass. VIP tickets cost $35 and include access to the beer and food pairing sample stations, a commemorative glass and hat, and a visit to the finishing tank where guests will taste fresh beer straight from the tank.
Bierfest attendees will also be able to check out the new indoor extension of The Biergarten, located inside the Tour Center – and the last stop on the St. Louis Brewery tour where adults can enjoy free samples of beer. New furniture, better lighting, and new hand-painted murals give guests of all ages a comfortable place to relax following their brewery tour.
I can’t wait! Are you local? I’d love to see you there. My husband and I are looking forward to some time out with some adults so be sure to say hi if you see me!