If there is one thing my kids love, it is stuffed animals. If there are two, it is stuffed animals and music. So, when we were given the opportunity to review the new SpeakerStarz from Build-A-Bear, I was excited!
We headed to Build-A-Bear over the weekend. My kids were so excited to go in and see all the possibilities of what they could make. Joley instantly fell in love with Rudolph. But, I knew that they would enjoy having a bear that would play their favorite music. We found the SpeakerStarz and chose to make the black bear.
Johnny and Joley were able to be actively involved in making him. Johnny said he wanted him “stiff” and was able to press the pedal to make the fluff fill their bear.
The kids each picked out a heart for the bear. They each kissed the heart and put it inside their new friend. One thing I didn’t know is that for every animal made at Build-A-Bear, there is a code placed inside. If your little one (or big one) loses their animal and it is returned to Build-A-Bear, they will open up the animal and give you a call so you can have your beloved animal back!
After we fluffed up the bear, we searched around for the “perfect” outfit. There are tons to pick from! The bear had to have big boy underwear on!
Finally, we sat down at the computer to name the bear. Johnny chose the name Buddy.
Because of some specials, Joley also was able to get a bear (not one we made, already stuffed!). The kids were so excited to have their box homes for their bears! Joley couldn’t carry hers because it was almost as big as her!
Immediately upon entering the van, Johnny wanted to hear his bear sing. I hooked up my MP3 player and he held it on his lap listening for the ride home. I must say, I am pleasantly surprised at how good this SpeakerStarz Bear sounds. The speaker is in his foot and the box is located in his side. It is easy for the kids to use and can still be hugged like the lovable bear he is.
Be sure to visit Build-A-Bear on Facebook.
Don’t forget about Stockings for Christmas! Give the Build-A-Bear Workshop experience with Bear Buck$® Gift Cards. If purchased online, you can customize an e-gift card with a message, character and special background.
Virtual gifts also are popular stocking stuffers. Anyone who receives a furry friend from Build-A-Bear Workshop can register that friend free at buildabearville.com, a virtual world where friends hang out, play games and shop for cool virtual stuff.
If you are strapped for time can choose from an assortment of customized furry friends that are stuffed, dressed and conveniently packaged in “Gifts to Go” gift sets. This option makes it fun and easy to find the perfect present for anyone – family member, teacher, babysitter, boss, co-worker, college student and others. The sets are modestly priced starting at $15 and ranging to $40, with an array of price points in between.
Build-A-Bear has kindly offered to give one of you a $25 gift certificate! You can use it on whatever you like in their store, but that happens to be the price of the SpeakerStarz and I highly recommend him for the child, tween, teen or even adult in your life!
Here is how to enter:
- For your first required comment, visit Build-A-Bear and then come back and let me know what animal you will make with the gift certificate if you win.
After the first required entry, you can do any (or all) of the following for one entry each!
- Subscribe to ToBeThode by Email (must be verified) or Reader. Leave me a comment that you did or if you already are.
- Follow ToBeThode publicly in Google Friend. Leave a comment letting me know that you did or if you already are.
- Follow me and Build-A-Bear on Twitter AND tweet about this giveaway. (You must do both for this entry.) Leave me a comment with your status update! You can tweet once daily for an extra entry. Be sure to come back and leave the URL for your status update.
- Share this giveaway (with a link) with your friends on Facebook. Leave me a comment letting me know that you did. It would be very helpful if you would leave me a link or include @ToBeThode in your update.
- Fan/Like ToBeThode onFacebook. Leave me a comment letting me know that you did or already are. Please include your first name and last initial so I can find you as a fan.
- Follow my blog on Networked Blogs. Leave me a comment with your first name and last initial so I can find you.
- Boost this giveaway on Prizey (it may take a one or two days for a giveaway to show on Prizey. If it is not there, please check back to complete this entry.)
Entries will be accepted until 11:59pm (CST) on December 31, 2010. Winner will be drawn by random generator and posted on the Winners page. The winner will be contacted by email and will have 48 hours to respond in order to claim their prize. This giveaway is open for US residents. One entry per household please!
Disclosure: We received a Build-A-Bear gift certificate to facilitate this review. We purchased all items mentioned except the SpeakerStarz Bear. The sponsor is providing the giveaway prize. All thoughts and opinions are my own.