I went out on a limb last night and made something spur of the moment. I was nervous. I even asked for some luck with my dinner plan after I posted a pic of it on Facebook. I was so pleasantly surprised so I am going to share my dinner dish with you!
Crock Pot Mac n’ Cheese
prep time: 5 minutes
cook time: 2 hours, 20 minutes
3 cups uncooked macaroni noodles
6 cups milk
3 tablespoons butter
garlic powder (about 1 1/2 teaspoon)
salt (about 1 teaspoon)
pepper (about 3/4 teaspoon)
4 cups cheese of your choice (I used milk cheddar and colby/jack because that is what I had available)
bacon bits (if you want, but everything is better with bacon)
Method of Preparation:
- Dump milk, butter, garlic powder, salt and pepper into crockpot. Add uncooked noodles and stir. Heat on low for one hour.
- After one hour, remove lid and stir well.
- Heat on low for another hour or until noodles are al dente.
- Add cheese and stir. At this point, add bacon bits too if you want.
- Let cook for another 20-30 minutes.
- Stir and dish. Eat and enjoy!