I love my slow cooker. One of our favorite meals is actually one of the easiest to prepare so it is a win-win for me! You can use Kielbasa or polish sausage for this. We usually buy the polish sausage because it is cheaper and you get more, but certainly do what you prefer! As far as the potatoes go, I prefer red ones but, again, do what you feel is best for your family.
- 10 to 12 new redskin potatoes
- 16oz pkg of sauerkraut
- 1 tea caraway seed (if you don't have any, you can skip it. It will still be delicious)
- 16oz polish or Kielbasa sausage, cut into 2 inch pieces
- Cut potatoes into small bite-size pieces. Add to the bottom of the crock pot.
- Add sausage on top of the potatoes.
- Layer sauerkraut on top of sausage. Spread caraway seed on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
It couldn’t be much easier, right? Let me know if you give this a try and what you think.