This post may contain a product we have received for review. Rest assured that all thoughts and opinions are those of our family!
Can I tell you how thankful I am that it is finally cooling off in St Louis?!? It was a rough summer for us. Jemma had trouble breathing outside and it was just not fun at all. We didn’t even make it to the pool this year.
Thankfully, fall is upon us and that means we can finally get back outside! There is so much to do during the fall months! It is my favorite time of the year actually because of that reason. We are in between the scorching heat and freezing snow weather and it is beautiful most of the time!
Here are some ideas that you can do during the fall months…
1. Go on a walk. There is so much to see during the fall. Check out the changing leaves, walk through them and hear them crunch, see the wild animals running around and preparing for the winter, or just enjoy the cooler weather!
2. Go on a bike ride. Fall is a great time to ride your bike! You can go riding without the heat taking away from the fun. My kids love to ride scooters and bikes this time of year.
3. Rake the leaves and then jump in them! Need I say more?! Jumping in a pile of leaves is so much fun. My kids never had this chance before we moved (no big trees in our old neighborhood) but they do now and we will be making piles to jump into for sure!
4. Visit those places you didn’t over the summer. We didn’t make it to the zoo much this summer. It was just too hot. We will be hitting up the zoo this fall for sure. The animals are still active, and maybe even more so than they were in the hot summer months.
5. Visit a pumpkin patch or pick apples. Both of these are things we plan on doing with the kids. They are great ways to spend time as a family and have fun!
6. Have a picnic! Jemma received the Easy Store Picnic Table from Little Tikes months ago. It was something she talked about often but we never were able to use. It was just not safe for her to be outside. You can bet that we will be having lots of picnics this fall though!
We love this picnic table for many reasons. It is a bit dirty right now but so easy to clean. All we need to do is spray it off with the hose and let it dry! You can also wipe it down with wipes or a towel.
I love that it provides a place for Jemma to keep her drinks. With so much activity in the backyard, it is nice that she has a designated cup holder right on her table!
Even with the cooler weather, the sun can be hot! We love how this picnic table comes with an umbrella! It is easy to use and can store just as easily when you are done with it.
Finally, when the cool weather turns to cold weather and the winter is upon us, we can easily store this picnic table. The legs collapse and it folds near flat. It is a perfect size to put in our shed while the snow comes and it will be ready for use when spring arrives! Here is what the folding mechanism looks like… super simple to use!
You can get the Easy Store Picnic Table with Umbrella from Little Tikes for $94.99.
We welcome fall and all it brings us!