We love our cats and I am always happy to give them the very best cat food. I participated in an Influencer Activation Program on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Nutrish for Cats. I received a sample of Nutrish for Cats to facilitate this review and a promotional item to thank me for participating.
One thing I always look for when choosing a healthy cat food is that they don’t have fillers. I want something that has meat or fish as the #1 ingredient. Each has essential vitamins and minerals, not the grains that are often found in other foods. I am sure my cats love chicken and salmon more than corn, so this makes perfect sense to me! This is why we love Nutrish food so much! And by we, I mean my sweet girl Lucy.
There are several varieties of Nutrish cat food. Lucy loved the Chicken Purrcata so much that she sat around begging for more after hers was gone! Here are the varieties available:
- Chicken Purrcata
- Ocean Fish-alicious
- Lip Smackin’ Sardine & Mackerel
- Ocean Fish & Chicken Catch-iatore
- Tuna Purrfection
Just as much as Lucy loves having chicken as a first ingredient, so do we. We, as her human parents, don’t want to eat corn and grains as our main source of nutrition. We want chicken! I wanted to share with you one of our favorite chicken meals. This one is pretty simple and quick to prepare. Your family will love it!
When I said easy, I meant it. Your ingredients are few… chicken, cheese, salsa, enchilada sauce, cilantro. Yep, that’s it. I use salsa in this recipe because it is fully seasoned already. Yeah, you can make your own and that is fine but I love that the salsa has the onions, tomatoes, and spices already prepared for me. Once you cook your chicken (I boil mine with taco seasoning until done), shred it up. Add the salsa, cheese, and cilantro in and mix well.
Add some of your enchilada sauce to coat the bottom of a 9×13 glass pan. Fill tortillas with your mixture and roll. Add to the the pan with the open edge down. Once all are in the pan, add enchilada sauce on top.
Place in preheated 425 degree oven. Cook for 25 minutes. Pull out and add more cheese and bake until melted. Serve with a dollop of sour cream if you like!
- Chicken, cooked and shredded
- 12 oz. salsa
- 8 oz mexican blend cheese
- 2 tbs minced cilantro
- 8 oz enchilada sauce
- 8 large tortillas
- sour cream (if you choose)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- After you shred your chicken, place in bowl. Add in salsa, cilantro, and cheese.
- Add 4 oz enchilada sauce to coat bottom of a 9x13 inch dish.
- Add large spoonful of chicken mixture to center of tortilla. Fold in sides and roll. Place open edge on the bottom in dish on top of enchilada sauce. Continue with all 8 tortillas.
- Add remaining enchilada sauce on top of the rolled tortillas.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and add a sprinkle of cheese to top. Place in oven and bake until cheese is melted.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan. Add sour cream if you choose to.
Want to try out Nutrish for your cat? Grab these Nutrish coupons and find out where you can buy Nutrish.
You can also find them on:
Nutrish Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrish
Nutrish Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/nutrish
Nutrish Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nutrishforcats
Nutrish Samples Giveaway
PLEASE NOTE: Contest entrants are only eligible to win once per sweepstake, per household as part of a campaign sponsored by Mom Central Consulting.
One lucky winner will receive a bag of Nutrish dry food and 3 Nutrish wet food samples. Giveaway open to US residents 18+. Enter via the Rafflecopter below.