I mentioned recently that it is cold here near St. Louis. Since my kids have been babies, I have made sure to keep them safe but still warm every night. How? By using a HALO SleepSack!
At younger ages, I was concerned about SIDS risks and didn’t want to cover them up with a blanket. As time went on, I still worried about their safety but also was concerned because they kicked blankets off. A SleepSack has been the answer on keeping my kids warm for years!
It is a very simple concept but one that I think no parent should be without. Basically, a HALO SleepSack is a wearable blanket. You don’t have to worry about your kids being cold and their safety is covered because there are no loose items in their bed.
HALO recommends the following for safe sleep for your baby:
· Place baby to sleep on his or her back at naptime and at night time.
· Use a crib that meets current safety standards with a firm mattress that fits snuggly and is covered with only a tight-fitting crib sheet.
· Remove all soft bedding and toys from your baby’s sleep area (this includes loose blankets, bumpers and positioners). The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests using a wearable blanket instead of loose blankets to keep your baby warm.
· Offer a pacifier when putting baby to sleep. If breastfeeding, introduce pacifier after one month or after breastfeeding has been established.
· Breastfeed, if possible, but when finished, put your baby back to sleep in his or her separate safe sleep area alongside your bed.
· Never put your baby to sleep on any soft surface (adult beds, sofas, chairs, water beds, quilts, sheep skins etc.)
· Never dress your baby too warmly for sleep; keep room temperature 68-72 degrees Fahrenheit.
· Never allow anyone to smoke around your baby or take your baby into a room or car where someone has recently smoked.
One thing I love about HALO is that their products are so readily available. You can find a line of SleepSacks in Target stores so there is no reason not to try one! I recommend these to all my friends. They come in numerous sizes from infant (look for Swaddles) to toddler. They would make a fantastic shower gift for a new mom/baby as well.
Thanks to HALO, I am able to offer a giveaway to one of you! The winner will receive either a Swaddle or SleepSack appropriate to the age and gender of their child!
Here is how to enter:
- For your first required comment, visit HALO SleepSack and let me know what product catches your eye.
After the first required entry, you can do any (or all) of the following for one entry each!
- Subscribe to ToBeThode by Email (must be verified) or Reader. Leave me a comment that you did or if you already are.
- Follow ToBeThode publicly in Google Friend. Leave a comment letting me know that you did or if you already are.
- Follow me and HALO SleepSack on Twitter AND tweet about this giveaway. (You must do both for this entry.) Leave me a comment with your status update! You can tweet once daily for an extra entry. Be sure to come back and leave the URL for your status update.
- Share this giveaway (with a link) with your friends on Facebook. Leave me a comment letting me know that you did. It would be very helpful if you would leave me a link or include @ToBeThode in your update.
- Fan/Like ToBeThode onFacebook. Leave me a comment letting me know that you did or already are. Please include your first name and last initial so I can find you as a fan.
- Fan/Like HALO SleepSack on Facebook. Leave a comment letting me know that you did or already are. Please include your first name and last initial so I can find you as a fan.
- Follow my blog on Networked Blogs. Leave me a comment with your first name and last initial so I can find you.
- Boost this giveaway on Prizey (it may take a one or two days for a giveaway to show on Prizey. If it is not there, please check back to complete this entry.)
Entries will be accepted until 11:59pm (CST) on February 10, 2011. Winner will be drawn by random generator and posted on the Winners page. The winner will be contacted by email and will have 48 hours to respond in order to claim their prize. This giveaway is open for US residents. One entry per household please!
Disclosure: I received the product mentioned for the purpose of review. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own and no compensation was received.