I have tried a handful of sippy cups for Joley. No matter what though, she just wasn’t happy. After a bit of research, I found the Safe Sippy 2 from Kid Basix. They were generous enough to send me one to try for Joley and sent a Safe Sporter for Johnny.
Since the moment I pulled them out of the box, my kids were enthralled. Johnny loved how his Safe Sporter looked and how cold it kept his water. Joley grabbed at the handles and was able to figure out how to get this cup to work within seconds. Not only are they completely functional and safe, but they also are so neat looking!
The Safe Sippy 2 we received is the one pictured. It has an amazing feature. You can use it as a regular sippy cup OR you can use it as a straw cup. Joley has really taken to the straw feature… something no other sippy cup has offered us. In addition, it has a travel plug that can be used for when you are not using the cup and a lid to keep it clean!
I was originally worried that Johnny was going to have trouble with the Safe Sporter because of the pull-top. I was wrong! Not only does he not have problems, he is constantly requesting this cup. The mud cap keeps it clean even when we are outside or out running errands. The plastic “coaster” on the bottom makes it safe to put on our wood table… and any mom would love that!
Here are some features about the Safe Sippy 2 that I think are wonderful (from the website):
- A sippy bottle with a “straw-like” spout
- Comes with side handles for easy grasping
- The outer thermoplastic sleeve keeps little hands safe from cold and hot liquids. All plastic is free of free of Bisphenol A, phthalates and DEHA
- The stainless steel along with the protective sleeve create the most durable, ding-free cup available on the market
- Has a no-spill valve inside the cap
- The spout is hard and made of stable, non-toxic, #5 polyprophelene plastic
- Comes in pink, green or blue
- They are a 2 in 1. Sippy or Straw cup!
- Comes with a travel cap to keep the spout clean, a travel plug to prevent liquid from dripping into your diaper bag or purse, and a straw converter
For a list of retailers where you can get your own, click here!
We are in love with these cups. They are used immediately after they are done being washed (in the dishwasher no less). I am so happy to tell you that I have a Safe Sippy 2 to give away!