History is a subject that cannot be studied in the confined walls of the classroom. In order to get the true feeling of the depth of this subject, you need to come out of your hidden hole and explore the world. Through history, you will not only learn about the past but also get a chance to admire the advancing times. Thus, if you are a lover of history and you need to live this subject literally, you cannot miss visiting Bangkok. Purchase cheap air tickets from Chennai to Bangkok if you are on a low budget. Once you set foot in Bangkok, leave no stone unturned in order to visit these top places that are historical wonders.
- Visit the Grand Palace in Bangkok: The grandeur of the Grand Palace can be perceived once you walk by the 100 buildings that make up this palace. Though this palace is a Buddhist monastery at present, the Grand Palace is the place where the monarchs of Thailand used to dwell for centuries. This palace also houses Wat Phra Kaeo, a famous Buddhist temple, and an emerald Buddha statue which catches the attention of every visitor. The intricate carvings on the wall with beautiful motifs and decorative clearly depict the power of Thai monarchy since ages.
- Pray at the Temple of Dawn – Wat Arun: The Wat Arun temple has a historical past that dates back to those times when Siam and Burma were fighting for establishing their process. Established by General Taking and the remaining survivors of the bloody battle as mentioned, the Temple of Dawn does mark the new beginnings of the city of Bangkok. After a complete renovation in the 19th Century, Wat Arun now represents an ornate architecture that glitters when the first rays of the sun kisses it awake.
- Explore the National Museum and Wang Na Palace: Wang Na Palace is the place that had been converted into a museum by King Rama V. As the National Museum in the present times, this magnificent structure not only displays the breathtaking architecture but also showcases some of the best tales from the past. The museum houses antique elements like weapons, clothing, gold treasures, gemstones, murals and paintings, and what not. Though it is difficult to take a look at everything in a single day, you should definitely check this museum out to get a glimpse of the authentic Thai culture.
- Visit the Not-so-American Jim Thompson House: If you go by the name exclusively, you will imagine this house to be one of those cool American ones. However, your imaginations will not prove to be of concrete value once you visit this place. The Jim Thompson House was indeed built by an American called Jim Thompson. However, this house has been built in the authentic Thai style with decorative elements. The Jim Thompson House displays one of the finest collections from Burma, Thailand, Cambodia, and China. Thus, if you want to visit these four countries in Bangkok itself, visiting Jim Thompson House is a must.
- Soar High in the Giant Swing: The Giant Swing is one of the biggest attractions in Bangkok. Even though the originally handcrafted swing dating back to 1784 was renovated in 2004, this swing still holds the same cultural value. The Giant Swing is very difficult to get hold of because of the huge crowd daily. However, the wait is worth it if you want to get a feel of the ancient adventure.
Thus, Bangkok has so much to show the visitors. If you truly want to travel in a time machine and relive the past, get cheap air tickets from Chennai to Bangkok and see the world unfurl before your eyes.
Leave a Reply