It has been awhile since I have bored updated you on the goings-on in the Thode house. So, here you go.
- We registered Johnny for KINDERGARTEN a few weeks ago. I can’t believe my boy is already ready to start Kindergarten. We took a tour of the school at our new church and I fell in love with it. It reminded me so much of my grade school and that is a great thing. It is a great expense for us but it is very worth it in my opinion. His teacher is super nice and Johnny was very excited about his classroom. The only problem is that he asks me constantly when he can go to his “new school”.
- Kenzie filled out her paperwork for middle school. She is going to be in 6th grade next year. I am a bit concerned for her because she is going to have problems keeping up if she doesn’t get her act together. I hope we can get through to her soon so she can enjoy her first year in middle school and not struggle the whole time.
- Joley is turning into a smart little cookie. But, she is also full of attitude and the most independent little girl. We have been butting heads a lot lately but I think it is because she is so much like me. I love her to death but she tests my patience so much at times. She is in love with her little guinea pigs and helps me everyday to feed them and loves to play with them.
- My semester is just blah. I have a ton of work to do but can’t seem to get motivated to do anything. By the time the kids are in bed, I am exhausted. I need to find a way to relieve some stress before starting my schoolwork. I was going to move the treadmill down the basement so I could workout when they go to bed but that hasn’t happened yet. It is heavy and huge and I feel bad asking the mister and my dad to do it after they work all day.
- My doula client is due any day now. We had our last official prenatal appointment last night. Although my contract says I am available for 2 prenatal appointments, I told her that I am here for her whenever. I want her to enjoy the last few weeks of her pregnancy so I will head over if she needs a massage or anything. I did some massage, counter-pressure, and hip squeezes last night. She was a happy mommy! We talked at length about breastfeeding and I showed her some techniques to have in mind for when her baby girl comes. We also talked about breathing, positioning, and her hospital bag. I am so excited to be part of her birth.
- I realized last night after her appointment that being a doula is not at all about me. It is all about doing all I can to give her a birth that she will look back and see as a positive experience. I know that I will get great joy from that.
- The snow is melting and we are finally seeing some warmer weather. The downside of that is the backyard is a mud pit and my dogs are going to make a huge mess! I can’t wait until Spring.
- The mister has been working really long hours to catch up from all the snow last week. I am hoping to be able to see him more this coming week and that he will be able to get a break from the long days. The benefit of the snow melting is that he will be safer while doing his job. I worry about him so much so that will be a good thing for us both.
What have you all been up to?