This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone and should not be taken as medical advice. #GiveHeartburnARest #CollectiveBias
Several years ago, I was miserable with heartburn. The pain and burning was too much, affecting my life in a negative way, and I finally went to the doctor. They put me on a medication and things were good. The good news for heartburn sufferers is that they can now get heartburn medication over the counter, making it simple and convenient to get what you need to live heartburn-free! We were at Walgreens over the weekend and I picked up my go-to heartburn medication, Nexium 24HR. Walgreens makes it simple to find the Nexium with great signs pointing the way for you.
Taking one Nexium 24HR a day can give you all-day, all-night protection from frequent heartburn. There are so many things that Nexium 24HR allows me to do, now that I am no longer suffering with heartburn. In the past I may have shied away from spicy or acidic foods, but that is no longer the case!
Sadly, heartburn can make it difficult to enjoy the time I have with my family. Since I am pain and heartburn free now, I can spend time with my girls (and dog) having fun.
I can spend some one-on-one time with my baby who seems to be growing faster than I am willing to admit. These moments are precious and heartburn would take those away from me.
Heartburn can be such a burden on your life. I wanted to offer a few other tips that you can use to help avoid heartburn.
- Take your Nexium 24HR. There really is no better way to avoid heartburn than using the “one purple pill”. It will put heartburn to rest all day and all night!
- While resting, sleep on your left side. I won’t go into the biology there, but this helps keep the heartburn away.
- Sleep or recline with your upper body elevated. This helps keep the acid where it belongs and not in the esophagus.
- Avoid foods that trigger heartburn. Spicy or acidic foods are the worst!
- Avoid eating late at night.
- Relax and take your time eating your meals.
- Stay seated after eating. Don’t take a nap or head to bed immediately after eating to avoid the food/acid from moving to the esophagus.
- Wait a few hours after eating to exercise, allowing your stomach to empty first.
- Quit smoking, if you do. Cigarette smoke irritates your GI tract and relaxes the esophageal muscles that keep stomach acid where it belongs.
- Drink water, not caffeine. Water helps wash the acid down and soothes an irritated esophagus.
Right now, you can head to Walgreens and save $5 off Nexium 24HR coupon in Walgreen’s weekly ad, valid only the week of 6/7 so hurry in to grab those savings. Also during the month of June, you can save $3 off 42ct. Nexium 24HR simply by purchasing at Walgreens.