One of my best friends, Laura, is always telling me about good food she makes her family. Recently she told me that she was making Baked Tacos and it sounded good. I asked her to send the recipe to me so that I can share it with you all. This recipe takes regular tacos and makes them extra special. I think it sounds delicious and I hope you do as well! If you are watching calories, you could change this to your needs… think turkey instead of beef, light sour cream, light cheese, light beans. You can still enjoy this recipe!
Let me know if you try them!
- 2 packages hard taco shells
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 2 cans refried beans
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 1 small cans mild green chilies
- 2 to 3 cups of cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brown ground beef, mix in taco seasoning, beans , tomatoes sauce and chilies.
- Put taco shells in a 9x13 baking dish, fill with meat mixture.
- Sprinkle all of the cheese over the top of the tacos and bake for about 30 to 40 minutes, until cheese is melted and tops of shells are lightly browned.
- Serve with your choice of toppings, such as olives, avocado, and sour cream.