He did the GBS test and then brought out the measuring tape. He asked me if I felt like I had gained a lot of weight really fast (no) and said he wanted me to have an u/s next week. He feels the baby might be BIG. Crap. I knew this was going to happen months ago when they said she was weighing more than they wanted but I have convinced myself that it was fine because I have been measuring okay… until today.
Apparently, fundal height is 5-6 weeks ahead. I still have trouble even understanding that but whatever. I have gained 3 pounds in the past 2 weeks… no big deal though.
My bp is going up but still okay.
I am worried that this is going to be a struggle now for the vbac. I am terrified he or the peri are going to push for an induction or c/s because of size. I am NOT willing to make that decision… but my doc wants to talk to me about “options” after my u/s next Tuesday. I refused a cervical check so no idea if there is anything going on but am hopeful I will go into labor on my own before I have to get into a battle of wills with the docs.
I also had an ICAN meeting tonight where they did a blessing way. It was nice. They each had some advice and words of encouragement and added a bead to a bracelet for me. I will have it with me for labor to remind me of those words and give me strength.