The past three weeks I have been talking about being eco-friendly with the products you use and about getting your kids out and about instead of being inside. Well, I have combined those two themes this past weekend and I wanted to share with you what we did.
We have had an above-ground swimming pool since we moved into this house. It is something we have sunk a lot of money into and wasted a lot of water on because we didn’t use it much and, therefore did not keep up with it each summer. We decided it was time for the pool to go and started this process of going from pool to play area.
We started by getting rid of the pool. We sold the structure to my cousin and her husband and friends came and removed it.
We were left with quite a mess. We had huge holes and ruts in our yard.
We added some top soil to level out the area. And then we added more top soil.
We put some ground cover down to ensure the kids couldn’t dig up the nasty stuff that was under the pool. The ground cover is made from 100% recycled materials so it is eco-friendly!
Lucky liked this space just the way it was…
We added some bricks around the edge.
And then we started filling it in with rubber mulch. This is 100% recycled rubber material! Not only is it good for the environment because we are reusing materials, but it is safe for the kids to play in.
What we ended up with is a very nice play area that the kids really love.
My kids have been outside more since we built this play area (last weekend) than they have been in several months, not even counting the winter months. They love this area and I love that we are following what the World Wildlife Federation advises… getting outside!
As I have the past 3 weeks, I encourage you to take the Scott Naturals 4-Week Test Drive (if you haven’t yet!!!) in which Scott Naturals challenges Americans to test out its line of hybrid paper products for four weeks and enter for a chance to win a new hybrid sedan. Did you read that??? You could win a Ford Fusion Hybrid Car!
Plus, just like the last few weeks, there is MORE! Check out what I have to offer you again this week! If you are the winner of this giveaway, you will receive a box of Scott Naturals products including bath tissue, paper towels, flushable moist wipes, and napkins. This is the last week to win so get your entries in!
Here is how to enter:
- For your first required comment, let me know what your children (or grandchildren, niece, etc.) like to do outside. What are their favorite outdoor activities?
After the first required entry, you can do any (or all) of the following for one entry each (leave a comment for each entry)!
- Subscribe to ToBeThode by Email (must be verified) or Reader. Leave me a comment that you did or if you already are.
- Follow ToBeThode publicly in Google Friend. Leave a comment letting me know that you did or if you already are.
- Follow @ToBeThode on Twitter AND tweet about this giveaway. (You must do both for this entry.) Leave me a comment with your status update! You can tweet once daily for an extra entry. Be sure to come back and leave the URL for your status update.
- Share this giveaway (with a link) with your friends on Facebook. Leave me a comment letting me know that you did. It would be very helpful if you would leave me a link or include @ToBeThode in your update.
- Fan/Like ToBeThode onFacebook. Leave me a comment letting me know that you did or already are. Please include your first name and last initial so I can find you as a fan.
- Fan/Like Scott Naturals on Facebook. Leave me a comment letting me know that you did or already are.
- Follow my blog on Networked Blogs. Leave me a comment with your first name and last initial so I can find you.
Entries will be accepted until 11:59pm (CST) on May 11, 2011. Winner will be drawn by random generator and posted on the Winners page. The winner will be contacted by email and will have 48 hours to respond in order to claim their prize. This giveaway is open for US residents. One entry per household please!