My dad gave us some zucchini. I have been wanting to try zucchini bread so I found a recipe, changed it (I can’t ever make a recipe the way it is written) and came up with the most amazing tasting bread ever. It is sweet and moist and oh so delicious.
Look at all the grated zucchini!!!
Even Johnny liked it. 🙂
Zucchini Bread (yields 2 loaves)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional… I didn’t use them)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour two 8×4 inch loaf pans.
2. In a large bowl, beat eggs until light and frothy. Mix in oil and sugar. Stir in zucchini and vanilla. Combine flour, cinnamon, soda, baking powder, salt and nuts; stir into the egg mixture. Divide batter into prepared pans.
3. Make crumb topping by mixing below ingredients.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
4. Pour crumb topping on top of prepared bread in loaf pans.
5. Bake 60-70 minutes, or until done.