It seems that this time of year, pumpkin recipes just start popping up. So, while I am helping that trend, I want to tell you one thing… you will want this recipe any time of the year! This is a recipe that takes pumpkin and turns it into a delicious breakfast or even just for a after-dinner dessert.
There is nothing better than a delicious breakfast cake. Am I right? Whether a quiet family meal or a gathering of friends, everyone loves a delicious sweet treat… and if they don’t, I don’t want to know about it. I love sweets and having them in the morning in the form of a breakfast cake? Perfection!
This one is simple to make and you likely have all the ingredients (minus the pumpkin, unless you keep that on hand) right in your own cupboard. Grab a cup of coffee and a slice of Pumpkin Coffee Cake and come on back and tell me just how right I am about the goodness of this recipe!
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not the pie filling!)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 Tablespoons oil
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1½ cup brown sugar, packed, divided
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup butter, softened
- In a bowl, combine the dry cake mix, pumpkin, eggs, oil, water, and pumpkin pie spice. Pour half the batter into a 9x13 greased baking pan. Set aside the remaining batter.
- Mix together ½ cup brown sugar and 1½ teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle over the batter in the pan.
- Carefully spread the remaining batter on top of the cinnamon mixture.
- Combine flour with remaining 1 cup brown sugar, remaining 1½ teaspoon cinnamon, and butter. Mix well.
- Spread mixture evenly over top of batter.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean).
I like cinnamon but if you don’t, you may want to cut back on that. I think it tastes perfect just like this though!
Like it? Pin it!