We are all huge fans of holiday movies in our house. I wanted to share a few of our favorites with you, to hopefully give you some inspiration! Grab the popcorn, snuggle up under some covers, and watch one of these movies that are sure to be a hit with your whole family. Be sure to read through because there is a fabulous giveaway at the bottom of this post!
1. A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving – this one is for Thanksgiving. It may be the only one we watch during the month of November but it is a great one!
2. A Charlie Brown Christmas – Just like the one above, this is a classic that we love to watch year after year.
3. Elf – If you love comedies, you have to watch this one! It is my personal favorite for Christmas!
4. A Christmas Story – You are likely going to be able to find this one on your local channels at some point during the holidays. I have been watching this for so many years that I could probably recite the words… yet I still watch it every winter.
5. National Lampoon Christmas Vacation – I don’t let the little ones watch this one, but I love it. It is so funny! I am a huge Chevy Chase fan and the National Lampoon movies are so great!
6. Home Alone – I remember when this came out (1990) and I thought it was funny then. My kids love the antics involved with this one and giggle throughout the entire movie.
7. The Santa Clause – We sat down and watched this one last year and the kids got a good laugh. I like it too so it will be on our list again this year.
8. Mickey’s Christmas Carol – Sure to be a hit with any Mickey Mouse lovers, this one is on our favorites list. Jemma will be so excited for this one this year.
9. I’ll Be Home for Christmas – We saw this for the first time last year but it is an older movie. I enjoyed it and it was safe for the kids to watch (it is a Disney movie). It had a good message too which is always nice.
10. Jack Frost – This movie, from 1998, is such a beautiful movie. I loved the message and the kids loved the funny parts. I definitely recommend this one to those wanting a family-friendly movie.
These are just our favorites and there are so, so many great holiday movies. I admit that our list is mostly geared towards kids but that is just where we are in our lives. The other great ones that many people love include Miracle on 34th Street, It’s a Wonderful Life, and White Christmas.
I’d love to help you out this holiday season with your movie watching so you can see some (or all) of these! How would you like to win a LG 32LN530B 32″ 720p 60Hz LED (3.11″ ultra-slim) HDTV? I know my husband would be thrilled if we had one of these fabulous TVs in our house and we would be watching all of our favorite holiday movies with the best display available!
This giveaway is for One (1) LG 32LN530B 32″ 720p 60Hz LED (3.11″ ultra-slim) HDTV. Depending on availability, a product of equal value will be awarded if the exact make/model is not available. This giveaway is open to all residents of the US, ages 18+. Winner will be notified via email and have 24 hours to respond – at that time, if no response is received, we will choose another winner at random. Good luck to all!
ToBeThode is not responsible for giveaway distribution.