I want to take you back about 11 years. I was wanting nothing more in my life than to be a mom to my own children. I remember thinking that I was going to get pregnant and life would be everything I had ever dreamed it could be. It wasn’t until month after month of my cycle starting that I started to worry and wonder if my time to be mom was going to happen.
I started doing all kinds of research on ways that I could help my body become pregnant. Could it be stress causing issues with my fertility? Did I need blood work to see if my body was not able to get pregnant? What about my husband? Did he need assessment? Could I help become pregnant with different products like vitamins or lubricant? Would position make a difference after intercourse?
My husband and I struggled for many, many months with each child to become pregnant but the time did come for me to become a mom. Three times a mom, in fact! My children being conceived felt like a miracle and I know the struggle many hopeful-moms-to-be face when they are having trouble conceiving.
There are a few tips I can provide you with in your own fertility journey. I have become quite familiar with the process and wanted to offer you my experience to hopefully help you get your happily ever after.
- Many people will tell women who are trying to conceive to not stress about it. This truly is the case with my own story and so many of my friends. It seems when you finally get to the point that you aren’t sure you have the energy anymore that you actually get pregnant. Either way, stress is bad for you so try not to get worked up when trying to become pregnant.
- Know your body! This is so very important. You need to know your body so you know the best time to have intercourse for the best possible outcome… pregnancy!
- Talk to your partner about your feelings. Don’t hold all those feelings in because it will cause some problems in your relationship. Be open with each other and go through the struggle together.
- Take a break if you need it. Are you feeling overwhelmed with trying to conceive? Take a break for a month or two and get your self ready again.
- Don’t forget the romance. Trying to conceive can be so difficult on a relationship and having intercourse may feel like a chore. Don’t give in to that! Bring the romance into the bedroom if you start feeling bogged down by the weight of conceiving.
- Use products that help with the pH balance. Astroglide TTC™ is a specially formulated for couples who are trying to conceive. This great product supports fertility; is water based and sperm-friendly. While other lubricants may impede sperm flow, Astroglide TTC™ allows sperm to move freely. Plus, like all Astroglide products, it also helps with vaginal dryness. These are in prefilled syringes so they are less messy (you don’t have to fill these yourself)! The cost is affordable at only $12.99 for a box and available in several stores.
- Don’t drink alcohol or smoke. These are both not good for your fertility.
- Talk to those close to you that have had trouble conceiving or those that can relate to your struggle. Having someone to talk to is so good for your mental health.
- Don’t give up. Always hold out hope that you will get your happily ever after. ‘
- Talk to your doctor or midwife if you are concerned or worried. Your doctor/midwife is a great resource for you and the one who will be by your side when you do become pregnant!
There were times I wanted to throw in the towel and say “forget it” when struggling to conceive. I didn’t and I have 3 beautiful children to show for my (and my husband’s) efforts!
Do you have any other tips to help those trying to conceive?
Astroglide TTC™ sponsored this blog post. The opinions and text are all mine