I have mentioned before that I have eczema and my kids suffer from other sensitive skin issues. I am always very careful when my kids are very young to use products that are safe for their skin, especially with the history of skin problems we have. I have been searching for a good quality product that I could use on the baby (when she is born)and on the older kids that would also be safe for me to use. My dreams have come true with exederm Skin Care!
Exederm products have no fragrance, no colors or dyes, no Parabens, no SLS (Sodium Laureth Sulfate), no lanolin, no (CAPB) Cocamidopropyl Betaine, no Propylene Glycol, and no Phthalates. The National Eczema Association has honored exederm children’s skin care range with its coveted ‘Seal of Acceptance’ award in acknowledgement of our ultra sensitive formulations. In fact, each of our five baby eczema care products scored a maximum 5/5 from the review panel. I encourage you to check out exederm’s website to see how their products perform against other products with children who have skin conditions.
We were sent a sample case of exederm products that included the following: Baby Eczema Cream, Baby Eczema Lotion, Baby Eczema Wash, Baby Eczema Shampoo, and Flare Control Cream. I started using the products right away and have been using them for a few weeks now.
I really like the Baby Eczema Wash. It is fragrance free, suds up well, and leaves the kids skin feeling smooth and clean. In addition, it did not make my skin break out which is often a problem when I am bathing the kids with non-sensitive products. Also used regularly since we received the products is the Baby Eczema Shampoo. I love how this product works with Joley’s hair. Her hair is just long enough to get tangled and the Baby Eczema Shampoo gets those tangles out and leaves her hair smooth, soft and easy to manage. Her scalp does not dry out and there is no peeling when we use the Baby Eczema Shampoo. It is a thumbs-up product for sure!
I have used the Baby Eczema Lotion on myself and find that it is a bit greasy to use on the kids. The Baby Eczema Cream is not as greasy and more appropriate to use with children. The Flare Control Cream is a paraben-free hydrocortisone cream so that is a product I will use on the kids when the need arises (recommended for children over 2 years old and available online only).
Overall, I think these are great products and will be using them on Jemma when she arrives and on the kids now. Being able to bathe my kids while protecting both their and my skin is a dream for me. Knowing that Jemma will be safer from reactions than if I used other products is a blessing. I would definitely recommend these products if you have a child with skin conditions or for yourself if you do!
Prices for exederm products range from $12.99 to $14.99. They are available both online and at various online and non-online stores. Online you can receive free shipping on orders over $50 (in US and Canada) and save 20% online when you purchase any 3 or more products (check website for details).
A big thanks to exederm who is kindly offering the same kit I received to one of you! You will receive Baby Eczema Cream, Baby Eczema Lotion, Baby Eczema Wash, Baby Eczema Shampoo, and Flare Control Cream.
Here is how to enter:
- For your first required comment, visit exederm and let me know what product you most want to try and for whom.
After the first required entry, you can do any (or all) of the following for one entry each (leave a comment for each entry)!
- Subscribe to ToBeThode by Email (must be verified) or Reader. Leave me a comment that you did or if you already are.
- Follow ToBeThode publicly in Google Friend. Leave a comment letting me know that you did or if you already are.
- Follow @ToBeThode on Twitter AND tweet about this giveaway. (You must do both for this entry.) Leave me a comment with your status update! You can tweet once daily for an extra entry. Be sure to come back and leave the URL for your status update.
- Share this giveaway (with a link) with your friends on Facebook. Leave me a comment letting me know that you did. It would be very helpful if you would leave me a link or include @ToBeThode in your update.
- Fan/Like exederm on Facebook. Leave me a comment letting me know that you did or already are.
- Fan/Like ToBeThode onFacebook. Leave me a comment letting me know that you did or already are. Please include your first name and last initial so I can find you as a fan.
- Follow my blog on Networked Blogs. Leave me a comment with your first name and last initial so I can find you.
Entries will be accepted until 11:59pm (CST) on July 22, 2011. Winner will be drawn by random generator and posted on the Winners page. The winner will be contacted by email and will have 48 hours to respond in order to claim their prize. This giveaway is open for US residents. One entry per household please!
Disclosure: We received the product(s) mentioned for the purpose of review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.