Disclosure: I participated in a Blogger Activation on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Kidoodle.TV. I received a promotional item and a free trial as a thank you for participating.
A few months ago, I participated in a trial of a new service for kids and parents called Kidoodle.TV. This is a monthly subscription service that offers entertainment for children age 12 and under. What makes it truly unique is that you can sit down with your child and base what shows they get to view on what they like. Currently, all of my kids are interested in the many episodes of National Geographic you can find on Kidoodle.TV. You can change them at any time too. You can have up to 5 children’s profiles on the subscription and can choose shows based on the age of the child or can pick and choose them individually. Making changes is super easy in the Parent’s Room.
So here is what my thoughts are on Kidoodle.TV…
- It is super easy to set up and update. I can change things in seconds, literally.
- The customizations are fun and give my kids a chance to show their own personality. With the avatar choice and color scheme, they feel like they are part of the process.
- I LOVE that you can filter by age. Shows that are not in the age group will not even show as available.
- There is so much educational content on Kidoodle.TV and that always makes me smile.
- My kids LOVE it! They ask over and over to watch shows on the computer now.
- Unlike other subscription services, I do not have to worry about my kids stumbling across something inappropriate. With Kidoodle.TV, you can rest assured that what they are watching is safe for them because you help set up their show options!
Kidoodle.TV is also available on the iOS systems through the Apple Store. We use it on our iPad from time to time and that is great when we are on the go.
Throughout the month of December, you can join and use Kidoodle.TV for FREE! If you enter by December 31st, you also have a chance to win 1 or 10 tablets or 1 of 10 year-long subscriptions! All you have to do is head over to Kidoodle.TV and sign up for your free trial. After your trial period is over, you can purchase Kioodle.TV for the cost of $4.99. This service is available for those in Canada and the US.