I looked back and the last time I gave you all an update was on August 4th. So, despite the fact that I have other posts scheduled on my editorial calendar, I am going to stop and give you all an update on what is going on with me and baby Thode.
Let’s do some bullet points to keep it easier to follow… mmmkay?
- I took the 3 hour glucose challenge and passed that so no gestational diabetes here!
- I am now nearly 35 weeks pregnant (Saturday marks 35 weeks) and I am growing bigger everyday… or at least it seems that way. I had a doctor appointment today and the baby is growing right on schedule according to fundal height. I am measuring right at 35 weeks… this is a big thing for me because this is the time I started getting the “you are too big” and I was exposed to a gazillion ultrasounds and unnecessary stress.
- I am still right about the weight I started my pregnancy at. I lost some weight and have gained some back. I am very, very stressed about gaining too much weight so I am hoping to keep this under control the next month.
- I have passed one of the kidney stones I was diagnosed with at my last update. I still have one sitting in my left kidney but it doesn’t hurt me all the time and only causes spasms.
- Baby girl is moving a ton. She is head down and I think she might even stay that way but I won’t be upset if she doesn’t. It really doesn’t matter when you know you are having a cesarean.
- I am having severe pain in my back and pelvic area. I am using some pain medication when it gets too bad, but overall I am just trying to hang in there.
- Sleep is a joke anymore. Besides the fact that my bed is HORRIBLE, I am not able to get comfortable. I am exhausted all the time and have been trying to grab a nap whenever possible while Joley naps.
- I am still having contractions and they are getting worse (or more annoying) but I don’t believe they are causing any change. They are just a pain; physically and figuratively.
- Because of the horrible birth experience with Joley, my doctor suggested I talk to the anesthesiologist at the hospital prior to my cesarean date to talk with them about it. I will call next week to make that appointment.